Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
Jammu and Kashmir become the first Indian Union Territory to completely shift to e-governance mode. Presently all government and administrative services in Jammu and Kashmir are being provided digitally only.
- After the abolition of Article 370 on 5 August 2019 Jammu and Kashmir became the new Union Territory of India.
- Article 370 was used to confer Jammu and Kashmir the special power to have a separate constitution, a state flag, and autonomy of internal administration.
- Capital of Jammu and Kashmir: Srinagar is the summer capital, and Jammu is the winter capital.
The sixth edition of the International Spice Conference will be held from January 19 to 22 at ITC Grand Chola in Chennai. The conference is hosted by the All-India Spices Exporters Forum (AISEF), which represents spice exporters from India, and the Cochin Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The conference is typically held in different parts of the world, and past locations include countries such as India, China, and the United States.
- The conference covers a wide range of topics, including spice production, processing, trade, and consumption.
- The International Spice Conference is a biennial event that brings together experts and industry leaders from around the world to discuss the latest developments in the spice industry.
3. Which start-up has developed the 5G-enabled drone “Skyhawk”?
Ans:- IG Drones
Startup firm IG Drones, which was born out of the Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) campus in Odisha’s Sambalpur has developed a 5G-enabled drone that is capable of vertical take-off and landing.
- Skyhawk can carry a 10-kilogram payload, has an endurance of around five hours, and can operate through satellites in case an internet link is unavailable.
- The drone, if operated at its peak speed, can cover almost 100 km in 12-15 minutes.
4. Who launched India’s first national assessment regulator called PARAKH?
Ans:- The National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT)
The PARAKH scheme is a program launched by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in India. The program aims to assess and rate higher education institutions based on their performance and achievements in areas such as teaching, research, and innovation. The goal of PARAKH is to improve the quality of higher education in India by encouraging institutions to strive for excellence and to provide students with a better educational experience.
- PARAKH full form is Performance Assessment, Review, and Analysis of Knowledge for Holistic Development.
5. Who has recently been listed as a Global Terrorist by the UNITED NATIONS Security Council?
Ans:- Abdul Rehman Makki.
6. Who has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor of the Border Security Force?
Ans:- Pankaj Kumar Singh
Retired director general of the Border Security Force (BSF) Pankaj Kumar Singh has been appointed as deputy national security adviser.
. 7. Which day is celebrated as the National Disaster Response Force Rising Day?
Ans:- January 19
The National Disaster Response Force was established on January 19, 2006, as the country’s premier rescue response force. ‘Aapada Seva Sadaiv Sarvatra‘ is their motto which refers to a continuous catastrophe response service in all circumstances.
- Since 2006, January 19 is celebrated by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as its raising day.
- At present, National Disaster Response Force consist of 15 battalions from the BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB and Assam Rifles.
8. Who has been appointed as the new Director in the National Health Authority (Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare?
Ans:- Praveen Sharma
9. Where did the first Indo-Egypt joint training exercise take place?
The first-ever joint exercise between the special forces of the Indian Army and the Egyptian Army named “Exercise Cyclone-I” is underway in Rajasthan.
- It is aimed at bolstering defense cooperation between India and Egypt.
10. Which state/UT is going to host SARAS fair 2023?
Ans:- Jammu and Kashmir
SARAS Fair 2023 is going to be hosted from February 4 to 14 by the Jammu and Kashmir Govt.
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here