Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
- The cleanest cities in India are Srinagar in Kashmir and Kohima in Nagaland.
- The full form of CPCB Central Pollution Control Board.
- The present chief of the Central Pollution Control Board of India is Shri Tanmay Kumar.
3. Who has carved the world largest hockey stick on the banks of Mahanadi River?
Ans:- Sudarsan Pattnaik
International sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik and his students have carved world’s biggest hockey stick on Mahanadi river bank.The majestic piece has been built to welcome to FIH Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 which will begin from January 13.
- Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium of Rourkela in Odisha is India’s largest hockey stadium.
- Indian Hockey Team Captain
- Man’s Team: Harmanpreet Singh
- Woman’s Team: Savita Punia
4. In which state of India the 14th edition of the World Spice Congress will be held?
With the aim of promoting international trade of Indian spices, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry is hosting the 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC), in Mumbai from 16-18 February 2023.
5. Who is the author of “Njaan Sakshi”?
Ans:- K.K. Abdul Gaffar
‘Njaan Sakshi’ is an autobiography of K.K. Abdul Gaffar. In addition to teaching at REC Kozhikode and TKM Engineering College Kollam, Professor Abdul Gaffar served as the principal of the Engineering College in Bhatkal, Karnataka.
6. Who has been awarded the ICC Women’s player of the month for December 2022?
Ans:- Ashleigh Gardner
Australia star and No.1 ranked all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner has been awarded ICC Women’s player of the month for December 2022.
. 7. Who was Fay Weldon who recently passed away at the age of 91?
Ans:- Fay Weldon is a British novelist and dramatist
- Some famous work of her are The Life and Loves of a She-Devi, Puffball, The Cloning of Joanna May, Wicked Women etc.
8. Which day is observed as National Human Trafficking Awareness Day?
Ans:- January 11
The day is dedicated to raising awareness about human trafficking. Even though the entire month of January has been recognised as the National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, January 11 specifically aims towards the prevention of illegal practices.
9. Which day is observed as “National Youth Day”?
Ans:- 12 January.
The National Youth Day is being celebrated on January 12 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1984, the Indian government declared Swamiji’s birth anniversary as National Youth Day.
- Theme 2023: ‘Viksit Yuva Viksit Bharat’.
10. What is India’s rank in the 2023 Henley Passport Index?
Ans:- 85th position.
- Japan is in the top position.
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here