Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
1. Recently in which Indian state/UT lithium reserves have been found?
Ans:- Jammu & Kashmir
India announced that 5.9 million tonnes of lithium reserves have been found for the first time in the country in Reasi, Jammu, and Kashmir.
- Lithium is a non-ferrous metal and is one of the key components in EV batteries.
- Chile is currently the world’s largest producer of Lithium.
- The molecular Formula of lithium is ‘Li’.
- India ranks fourth (4th) in the production of Lithium.
2. What is the name of the operation launched by India to help Turkey after the devastating earthquake?
Ans:- Operation Dost
India is running a rescue operation name ‘Operation Dost‘ with National Disaster Response Force to provide essential items and medical equipment to help after the earthquake in Turkey.
- Operation Ganga was run to evacuate Indians from Ukraine during the Russia-Ukraine war in 2022.
3. Who is the author of the novel “Victory City’?
Ans:- Salman Rushdie
It is an “epic tale” of a 14th-century woman who defies a patriarchal world to rule a city. The much-anticipated work tells the tale of young orphan girl Pampa Kampana who is endowed by a goddess with magical powers and founds the city, in modern-day India, of Bisnaga, which translates as Victory City.
- Other famous works of Salman Rushdie are “Midnight’s Children“, “The Golden House“, “Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights“, “Shalimar the Clown” etc.
4. When is World Pulses Day celebrated?
Ans:- 10 February
World Pulses Day is an annual observance on February 10th that celebrates the benefits and importance of pulse crops, such as lentils, chickpeas, and beans, for food security and nutrition. It raises awareness about the role of pulses in sustainable agriculture and healthy diets.
- World Pulses Day 2023 Theme: Pulses for a Sustainable Future.
5. Where will the APJ Abdul Kalam Bio-Technology Institute be established?
Ans:- Jaipur , Rajasthan.
6. Which ministry has implemented the NAMASTE scheme?
Ans:- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
The NAMASTE scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in India with the aim of stopping the deaths of sewer and septic tank workers and promoting the mechanization of cleaning operations. The scheme has been formulated with a vision to reduce hazardous cleaning and ensure the safety of sanitation workers.
- Full form of the NAMASTE scheme- National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem.
- In 2023-2024 budget of 100cr has been allocated for this scheme.
7. Which company has launched the world’s first two-way messaging solution?
Ans:- Qualcomm Technologies.
Qualcomm Technologies introduced the world’s first satellite-based two-way capable messaging solution for premium smartphones, called Snapdragon Satellite, at the CES 2023
- The two-way messaging service is powered by Snapdragon 5G Modem-RF System.
- This service will be provided through the Iridium satellite.
8. Research from which university has developed the world’s first ‘synthetic embryo’?
Ans:- University of Cambridge
Scientists from the University of Cambridge have created the world’s first “synthetic” embryo that has a brain, a beating heart, and the building blocks for every other organ in the body.
9. In which country the World Government Summit will be held?
The World Government Summit is a global forum held annually in Dubai, that brings together leaders in government, business, technology, and civil society to discuss pressing issues facing humanity and to shape the future of governments worldwide.
- The World Government Summit will be held under the theme of “Shaping Future Governments”.
10. Who is organizing the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023?
Ans:- Union Ministry of Culture
Union Ministry of Culture is going to organize Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023 at Azad Maidan in Mumbai from 11 February to 19 February.
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here