Current Affairs Today 2023, January 18- download pdf
January 18, 2023 Current Affairs covers only the important topics for examination.
Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
The 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey world cup is being held at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and at the Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela, India from 13 to 29 January 2023.
- The Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela is the biggest Hockey Stadium in India.
- Indian Hockey Team Captains
- Man’s Team: Harmanpreet Singh
- Woman’s Team: Savita Punia
- 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey world cup is being held at Odisha, India.
- ‘Hockey Hai Dil Mera‘ – Official Song For Hockey World Cup 2023 In India.
- “Olly,” is the official mascot of the FIH hockey world cup 2023.
- Olly is the Olive Ridley Turtle. The olive ridley sea turtle, also known commonly as the Pacific ridley sea turtle, is a species of turtle in the family Cheloniidae. The species is the second-smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world.
Ans:- Smriti Mandhana
Nutrition multinational Herbalife Nutrition India on Monday signed up woman cricketer Smriti Mandhana to be its brand ambassador.
3. Who was crowned Miss Universe 2022?
Ans:- R’Bonney Gabriel
R’Bonney Gabriel of the United States was crowned Miss Universe 2022 at a ceremony held on January 15 in New Orleans.
- Sushmita Sen became the first Indian to win the title of Miss Universe in 1994.
4. If who is the writer of the book titled “Irrfan Khan: A Life in Movies”?
Ans:- Shubhra Gupta
In the book, “Irrfan Khan: A Life in Movies“, film critic Shubhra Gupta talks about late Indian actor Irrfan Khan and his career in the film industry. It covers his life and legacy, and the impact he had on Indian and international cinema.
5. In which state of India Josimath town is situated which has recently been declared as a “disaster zone”?
Ans:- Uttarakhand state
Dozens of families from Joshimath town in India’s Uttarakhand state have been evacuated after large cracks appeared due to gradual land subsidence, which refers to the ground slowly sinking.
- Joshimath also known as Jyotirmath is the winter seat of Lord Badri, and thus is reckoned to be a sacred place in Uttarakhand.
6. Who has recently published a memoir titled “Spare”?
Ans:- Prince Harry
. 7. A. Shanti has recently been appointed as a first woman Chief Secretary of which state?
8. Which club won the 2023 Spanish Super Cup final?
Barcelona produced an impressive performance to beat Real Madrid 3-1 and lift the Spanish Super Cup on Sunday.
- Name of the captain of Barcelona club – Ter Stegen
9. The PASSEX naval exercise was held between the navies of India and with country?
Indian Navy and Russian Navy undertook PASSEX exercises at the port of Cochin, in the Arabian Sea. The Indian Navy’s indigenously designed and built guided-missile destroyer, INS Kochi, took part in the exercise.
10. In which Indian city will the first online gaming centre excellence be set up?
Ans:- Shillong, Meghalaya
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here