Latest Current Affairs Today 2023 | Download MCQs PDF
Current Affairs Today provides latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023
Current Affairs Today PDF
This Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
1. The ‘Duare Sarkar’ programme of which state has got the Platinum Award in the Public Platform category of the ‘Digital India’ Award 2022?
Ans:- West Bengal
Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banarjee started ‘Duare Sarkar’ programme on 1 December, 2020. It aims delivery of services and welfare schemes at the doorsteps of the people through outreach camps. These camps are organized at the level of gram panchayat and municipal ward level.
- Started on 1st December 2020.
2. Which day is celebrated as Pravasi Bharatia Divas or NRI day in India?
Ans:- 9th January
Every year on 9th January Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI day is observed to mark the contribution of NRIs toward the development of India. The day commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa on 9 January 1915.
- First observed on 9 January 2003.
- It is the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- Theme- “Diaspora: Reliable Partners for India’s Progress in Amrit Kaal“.
3. With which country Indian Air Force is going to participate in an Arial military exercise, Veer Guardian in 2023?
Veer Guardian, an Arial Military exercise is going to be held in Hyakuri Air Base in Japan from 12 January 2023 to 26 January 2023. This is the first time ever when a woman fighter pilot will be the part of the Indian contingent
4. Where was the 6th Men’s National Boxing Championship held?
Ans:- Hisar, Hariyan
5. For which mission did Odisha win the 2023 UN-Habitat’s World Habitat Award?
Ans:- Jaga Mission
The Jaga MIssion is a state Govt. initiative by the state of Odisha to upgrade slum that acknowledges residents as city makers.
6. In which state of India IVF Mobile Unit for animals has been launched for the first time?
On 1st January 2023 union minister Purushottam Rupala launched India’s first In vitro fertilization.
7. Which country approved the world’s first vaccine for honeybees?
The US has approved the first-ever vaccine for honey bees which will confer protection from the American foulbrood disease.
- American foulbrood is a bee larva-affecting disease and is caused by Paenibacillus larvae.
8. Who has been crowned Femina Miss India 2022?
Ans:- Sini Shetty
Meet Sini Shetty, the 21-year-old who was crowned Femina Miss India World 2022. Sini Shetty hails from Karnataka.
9. On which day DRDO celebrated its 65th Foundation Day?
Ans:- 1st January
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Headquarters in New Delhi has marked the 65th Foundation Day of the Organisation, which is celebrated on 1st January every year.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Headquarters is in New Delhi.
10. Who became the fast female Sikh judge in the US?
Ans:- Manpreet Monica Singh
Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh has become the first female Sikh judge in the US. Manpreet Monica Singh was sworn in as a judge of the Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 4 in Texas on Friday.