Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
- The award is given by the City of London Corporation.
- Names of National Parks situated in Chhattisgarh: Indravati National Park, Kanger Ghati National Park.
- Indravati National Park: is known for its rich biodiversity and is home to a variety of animals such as the tiger, leopard, sloth bear, and sambar deer.
- Kanger Valley National Park: is known for its limestone caves and is home to a variety of animals such as the tiger, leopard, wild dog, and Indian bison.
3. Which government has launched its first major education project, ‘Schools of Eminence’ on 21st January 2023? Ans:- Punjab Detail Info:- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has launched their first major education project, ‘Schools of Eminence’. Under the project, the AAP government will upgrade existing government schools into ‘Schools of Eminence’ for classes 9 to 12. The government plans to upgrade nearly 110 government schools as ‘Schools of Eminence’ in Phase 1.
4. What is ‘Vagir’? Ans:- Vagir fifth Scorpene-class submarine which the Indian Navy will commission. Detail Info:- The Indian Navy will commission the fifth Scorpene-class submarine Vagir. It has been built indigenously, under Indian Navy’s Project-75, at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited in Mumbai.
5. Who has been awarded the ISA 2021-2022 Award for service to humanity? Ans:- Dr Sanduk Ruit Detail Info:- Himalayan Cataract Project Co-Founder and noted Nepali ophthalmologist Dr Sanduk Ruit has won the Isa Award-2021-2022 for Service to Humanity. Key Points:-
- It is the a top civilian award of Bahrain.
- King of Bahrain: Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
- Bahrain Capital: Manama.
- Bahrain Currency: Bahraini dinar.
6. Which IIT firm has developed an indigenous mobile operating system called ‘BharOS’? Ans:- IIT Madras Detail Info:-
With the goal of creating a “self-reliant India, the Indian Institute of Technology Madras-incubated firm has developed a mobile operating system ‘BharOS’ that can benefit India’s 100 crore cellphone users in India.
. 7. Zuari Bridge, the second largest cable-stayed bridge in India is located in which state/UT? Ans:- Goa Detail Info:- The Zuari Bridge is a bridge between North Goa and South Goa, India. It carries the NH 66 over the tidal part of the Zuari River, between the villages of Agaçaim and Cortalim.
8. The second edition of Saansad Khel Mahakumbha 2022-2023 is being organized in which state? Ans:- Uttar Pradesh Detail Info:- The Khel Mahakumbh is a novel initiative that provides an opportunity and a platform for the youth to showcase their sporting talent, and motivates them to take sport as a career option. Key Points:-
- The first phase of the Khel Mahakumbh was held from December 10 to 16, 2022 in Delhi.
9. Which day is celebrated as ‘Kokborok Day’? Ans:- 19 January Detail Info:- Kokborok Day, also known as the Tripuri Language Day is annually celebrated across the Indian State of Tripura on 19th January with an aim to develop the Kokborok Language. Key Points:-
- The Kokborok is a language of Borok people who are geographically known as Tripuris.
- An ancient name of Tripura (as mentioned in the Mahabharata) is Kirat Desh.
10. Which state has recently become the first state in the country to provide basic documents to all tribes? Ans:- Kerala
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here