Current Affairs Today 2023 pdf
This Current Affairs Today 2023 Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs of 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
- Headquarters- Cologny, Switzerland.
- The Forum is chaired by Founder and Executive Chairman Professor Klaus Schwab.
Home Minister Amit Shah released a book titled Revolutionaries- The Other Story of How India Won Its Freedom at a function in New Delhi. The Author of the book is Economist Sanjeev Sanyal who is also a member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister.
- Other famous book of Sanjeev Sanyal are ‘Land of Seven Rivers: A Brief History of India’s Geography‘, ‘The Ocean of Churn: How the Indian Ocean Shaped Human History’.
3. Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) has specified identity standards for which product for the first time?
Ans:- Basmati Rice
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has specified identity standards for basmati rice including brown basmati, milled basmati, parboiled brown basmati, and milled parboiled basmati.
4. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched the ‘Soul Steel’ challenge in which state on the vocation of Armed Force Veterans Day?
Ans:- Uttara Khand
The ‘Soul of Steel’ expedition will test one’s high-altitude endurance and adventure in Uttarakhand’s Garhwal Himalayas. It will initially have 12 Indian participants plus six international teams, between the age group of 18 and 30 years. The initiative is aimed at enabling life skill training and youth development. It is also expected to boost global promotion of adventure tourism in Uttarakhand.
5. Between which countries the bilateral naval exercise named ‘Varuna’ is to be conducted?
Ans:- India and France
India and France have commenced the 21st Edition of bilateral Exercise Varuna 2023 in Arabian Sea.
- The bilateral naval exercise between India and France was first held in 1993.
- It is the 21st Edition of bilateral Exercise Varuna.
- Varuna is a Hindu god, associated with the sky, oceans and water.
6. Who has won the first ever Federal Bank Literary Award 2022?
Ans:- K Venu
In January 2023, renowned author K Venu was awarded the Federal Bank Literary Award 2022 for his autobiography ‘Oarnavashanthinte Katha‘.
- Founder of Federal Bank:P. Hormis.
- Federal Bank Headquarters: Aluva (Kerala)
- Federal Bank CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
. 7. The “Yonex- Sunrise India Open 2023” tournament was organized in which state?
Ans:- New Delhi
The Yonex Sunrise India Open 2023, has been started at the KD Jadhav Indoor Hall in New Delhi.
- The 2023 India Open, officially known as the Yonex Sunrise India Open
- The India Open is an annual badminton event which has been held in India since 2008 and is a BWF World Tour Super 500 Grade international badminton tournament.
8. In which state of India the “Maghi Mela” festival is observed every year?
The Maghi Mela has been celebrated in the city of Sri Muktsar Sahib in Punjab for centuries in memory of the 40 Sikh warriors who died fighting the Mughals in the Battle of Khidrana in 1705.
9. Who became the 79th Grandmaster of India?
Ans:- Pranesh M
The 16-year-old Tamil Nadu boy named Pranesh M becomes the country’s 79th grandmaster after defeating GM Frode Olav Olsen Urkedal (NOR) in the final round.
10. Which organization has recently been awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Awarded 2022?
Ans:- Jindal Steel & Power
Jindal Steel & Power has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Award 2022 for its excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility activities in the Steel Sector.
Download Current Affairs PDF: Click Here